Monday, May 14, 2018

Kagoshima, heading towards Nakasaki

I was on my way to a bicycle shop that also handles mountain bikes (there really are no mountain riders or professional mountain bikes here).

Along the way, I saw an entrance to the temple. The first manned temple I had reached. The Buddhist priest, Takahisa, showed me the place and showed me how to wash my hands with the special ladle and how to bow to the gods.
He asked for and received a small contribution. He said the gods were happy.

see also:
https://photos.app.googl/o577dPYboZnSTnh83







After a rainy night in a tent in the parking lot of a park with amusement facilities (including mini golf for adults), I woke up and left (by the way, the parking lot that had toilets and an electrical outlet).

I rode for about two hours and saw a symbol of "Onsen." Onsen is a bathhouse with warm spring water. In the past bathing was for men and women together. These days, due to influence of the West, I have read, bathing is separate.

When one enters the bathing area there is a dressing. Usually one is supplied with a small towel that is not to be used on one's face but for washing the body. However, on this location, this towel was not provided. In the bathroom there are shower on one side of the room and on the other side, a small pool. Hot water runs into the pol on one side and flows out on the other (ie there is constant water change). There was one other bather.

So after I had spent about two hours in the rain, it was fun to splash in the hot water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on a map