Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Yoron

This huge ferry pulls over and out come people, cars, motorbikes and containers. Moments later a new bunch, including me and my bamboo bicycle do the reverse.






Yoron is less densely populated and more agricultural than Okinawa.

I got to see my first shrine here. Attached to the shrine, there is a gift shop.






Later on, I ran into an outdoor museum displaying the old way of living in Yoron (Pre WWII).  Gift Shop was pretty modern as far as tourist traps go.




Food is always a major part of my journeys as I get to meet people. Japan is short on English speaking people, but a tourist from Tokyo and I had a very nice conversation (at his request, no identifying details). Anyhow, he recommended the Japanese style motel (common facilities and bare minimum bedrooms).



The next day I visited the caves he told me about, and cycled back to the port.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. You are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dudu,
    Looks like you enjoying the new experiences in Japan.
    End of the day as it sounds you have started at the right step... keep riding this way
    Avy

    ReplyDelete

Find me on a map